Since the last official beta3 release we have worked on:
- Fixing a recently discovered issue for Blogs running charsets other than UTF-8. When used in conjunction with PHP 5.4+ this can lead to the cutoff of any strings that contain special characters and being passed through htmlentities/htmlspecialchars/html_entity_decode. We have patched all plugins to deal with this, and have decided not to backport this issue to Serendipity 1.7.x - so if you are affected by this issue, upgrading to Serendipity 2.0 will be the preferred way of dealing with this.
- Added SQLite 3 databaselayer for PHP 5.4+ versions.
- Implement the ability for users to pick which kind of CKEDitor toolbar they want to use, plus the ability to customize the whole toolbar through an external JS-file.
- Fixes for the media library with ImageMagick and File-Rename operations.
- Improvements to installer checks.
For the full list of changes please see the docs/NEWS file of the release.
We feel confident that this will be the first and last release candidate before the Serendipity 2.0 final will be released, so this is a real good time to test this version. Remember to backup your files and database in case you upgrade an existing installation. Have fun, and please give us feedback on either the GitHub issue tracker, our forums or here in the blog.