We are very happy to present Serendipity 2.3.0, our new stable version, after more than two years of work.
Along with it, we have released Serendipity 2.1.6, most probably the last bugfix release for our old 2.1.x branch.
Serendipity 2.3.0 ...
- ... has support for PHP 7.2 and 7.3 (minimal version is now PHP 7.0)!
- ... will upgrade Smarty to 3.1.33!
- ... has many updates and bug fixes to the media manager, adding a gallery function and responsive thumbnails!
- ... uses voku/simple-cache for its internal cache!
- ... has a new maintenance mode option!
- ... will now receive multiple trackbacks and pingbacks!
- ... has improved plugins, e.g. the nl2br plugin!
- ... changed some installation defaults!
- ... includes lots of other accumulated (security) fixes!
Please see the release statement on GitHub for more details.
You can download the release file and unzip it to your installation as usual, or update from within Serendipity using the Serendipity Autoupdate Plugin (
Serendipity 2.3.x will be our new stable branch; development will continue on Serendipity 2.4.
Many thanks to all our contributers, theme and plugin developers, all you bug reporters and testers and forum users! Without your help this would not have been possible.
We are happy to hear your feedback about our new release - as always - on our forums!