The Serendipity Team is proud to release the Serendipity Weblog version 1.1 to the public.
This new version is aimed for feature enhancement and stability consolidation. The most important change is the overhaul of the media database, which vastly enhances the already obvious superiority of Serendipity's Media management. In depth this means that you can now store and customize meta properties easily - store descriptions, EXIF-Tags and keywords which you can later see and search in your database. You can also now assign detailed privileges for each directory of the media database, and the output is now completely templated. Yes, that means you can customize and style your very own media database, both effective in the backend and the frontend.
The other important change is more granular plugin permission management. You can enable/disable certain markup-plugins on a per-entry basis, and allow/forbid specific usergroups to access certain plugins.
Another visual apparent change is the overhaul of the plugin manager. You can now drag'n'drop order and move your plugins around. Together with the ability of templates to specific the amount and names of sidebars, you have virtually unlimited flexibility for plugin management!
Templating has also intensively been upgraded in the respect of themes being able to specify custom "options". A theme could allow you to choose navigation links, colorsets and much more. Explore the possibilites! Many themes by Carl Galloway and other great designers from our forums have already used that feature to provide you with many cool options!
For the developers among us, it might be of interest to note that Serendipity now also supports easy custom template-engine support. Tired of Smarty? You can also use a plain old PHP template emulation or even a XSLT-transformation layer (read more on this topic here).
Of course we have not only focussed on injecting features, but also fixed some minor bugs, a huge-impact central SQL query optimization and glitches and smaller improvements. In total we have 29 feature improvements, 24 bugfixes and 21 usability/technical improvements. For intense reports on this either read our NEWS-file or past 1.1-beta announcements here and there.
We hope you'll have fun with this new release and continue to make Serendipity an ever-improving system. Let's have a great 2007!
- Die tägliche Ration on : Mut, Mut
- Die tägliche Ration on : Update erfolgreich
- Themes, design and imagery on : Serendipity v1.1 and new template featuring weather
- Dirks Logbuch on : Serendipity 1.1 ...
- nodomain.cc on : Serendipity 1.1
- Doomshammer's Weblog on : S9Y 1.1 released!
- Dem Commander1024 sein Blog on : Major Release: Blog-Software Serendipity 1.1
- Theledge.net on : Serendipity v1.1 and Dynamic Templates
- Serendipity Users News on : Get Serendipity for your blog
- IntegrateIT - Seattle sports, humor, technology and personal finance on : New Look - New Year
- Nur ein Blog on : Serendipity 1.1 erschienen
- w909t! on : Site Updated to Serendipity 1.1..
- meinAnwalt [Blog] on : kleines Update..
- Miscellaneous Ramblings.... on : Serendipity 1.1 Released