Dear Serendipity users. I'm terribly sorry to inform you that all bad things come in triples and we have to put out yet another release, Serendipity 1.7.8 to fix another regression bug that was caused by the prior 1.7.6/1.7.7 release. By fixing the security issue, I introduced a bug that prevents saving entries, if you preview them before saving.
Thanks to the bug reports on the forum and the quick response of Timbalu, we were able to quickly supply a fix for this, contained in this new 1.7.8 release. At least, upgrading is still easy, right? ;-)
I'm awfully sorry for this messup,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How to use the (~3min!) Serendipity Autoupdate to update to a new version:
- install the Spartacus event plugin, if not already have
- install the Dashboard event plugin,
- install the Serendipity Autoupdate event plugin,
- update all plugins, if any, via plugin management buttons,
- point yourself to the backends startpage, to start the automatic upgrade.
- let it run, after end, you will be redirected to the upgrader/installer page
- at last, you will have to start the database updates or update functions via button (auto recommended) or just take the link to the blog
If anything errors, come back to get help in the forum! :wink: