The Serendipity Team has made good progress on the road to the 2.0 final release. We have tackled issues reported on our Github Issue-Tracker. There are still a few ones left open, especially still dealing with the CKEditor and plugins being adapted to the new look and feel of Serendipity 2.0's default theme. But we feel confident to have reached a stage where the current work is much more usable than beta2, so we urge users of that release to upgrade to beta3.
The main changes of beta3 are:
- Create a distinction of backend and frontend themes. They can now be chosen independently, and we have introduced theme compatibility to make it easy for developers to create their own backend theme by falling back on the default template files the new 2.0 theme provides.
- The syndication plugin has been upgraded to provider clearer options, and moves several configuration items into the global serendipity configuration (like custom feed URL forwarding).
- fixes bugs in thumbnail creation.
- added optional toggle for users to either pick modal layers (i.e. for the media database) or popup windows
- Use browser cache to store blog entries, so a browser crash lets you restore those. Replaces the now incompatible autosave plugin.
- other issues that are mostly interesting to developers or interested people are listed in the docs/NEWS file of this release.
Please give us feedback on this new beta which can be downloaded at the Download-section. We will address the outstanding issues and put up a final release candidate before the actual 2.0 release.
Have fun and a nice summer :-)
- No Trackbacks