Serendipity 2.3 - First Release Candidate published!
We are happy to announce the availability of the first (and hopefully last) Release Candidate for Serendipity 2.3.
Please test it, if you can, especially on current PHP installations (PHP 7.2 up to PHP 7.4), and report all errors and (PHP) warnings. We feel comfortable with suggesting you to try out this release in a production environment, as long as you make a backup of your database and files first, as you should always do.
Serendipity 2.3 ...
- ... has support for PHP 7.2 and 7.3 (minimal version is now PHP 7.0)!
- ... will upgrade Smarty to 3.1.33!
- ... has many updates and bug fixes to the media manager, adding a gallery function and responsive thumbnails!
- ... uses voku/simple-cache for its internal cache!
- ... has a new maintenance mode option!
- ... will now receive multiple trackbacks and pingbacks!
- ... has improved plugins, e.g. the nl2br plugin!
- ... changed some installation defaults!
- ... includes lots of other accumulated (security) fixes!
Please see the release statement on GitHub for more details.
You can download the release file and unzip it to your installation as usual, or update from within Serendipity using the Serendipity Autoupdate Plugin (
We are happy to hear your feedback about this release candidate on our forums! Thanks on behalf of the dev team.
Trackback-URL für diesen Eintrag
- Keine Trackbacks
Ansicht der Kommentare: (Linear | Verschachtelt)