Serendipity 0.8.4 has been released today. As mentioned in this blog post, this release addresses the security issues with the PEAR:XML_RPC library.
If you already deleted your serendipity_xmlrpc.php file, an upgrade is not required. If you do not want to upgrade, just delete your current serendipity_xmlrpc.php file and you will not be affected by security issues.
Anyone who wants to use XML-RPC posting to Serendipity will now need to install the XML-RPC posting plugin, as discussed in the blog entry mentioned above.
This release also addresses a few other minor issues:
- Fix the problem that sometimes calendar images are displayed too large in the Internet Explorer
- Hide title of an entry when an entry is a draft (Bug #1260667)
- Allow Serendipity to use an existing PEAR installation on the server. Set "$serendipity['use_PEAR'] = true;" in your serendipity_config_local.inc.php or serendipity_config.inc.php file. The required packages can be found in the bundled-libs/.current_version file.
- Append the comment id to the mail that is sent to subscribers of an entry, so that they can jump to the submitted comment immediately.
You can download the release here: Download. SVN (tags/0.8.4) and CVS (HEAD) repositories have also been updated.
Have fun with Serendipity!
- Captain's blog am : Neue S9Y-Version
- KnoedelDealer.de am : Serendipity 0.8.4
- ridcully.info am : Serendipity Update
- nodomain.cc am : Serendipity 0.8.4
- HotPHPPER News am : Serendipityãƒ?ãƒ¼ã‚¸ãƒ§ãƒ³0.8.4ãƒªãƒªãƒ¼ã‚¹
- Doomshammer's Weblog am : Update time again
- YellowLeds Weblog am : Erneutes Update
- Marco Gabriel am : Oh, Updates!