Serendipity 0.9 is still in beta-testing, but getting close to the final release. Thus a 0.9-beta2 version has been released, which mainly fixes two problems with beta1: Spartacus not indicating new plugin versions and the "easy installer" inserting invalid configuration values that lead to the dreadded "function serendipity_mb not found" error.
On top of that, the second beta contains:
- Per-author XML feeds
- Enhanced entryproperties plugin that can hide selected entries from the RSS feed
- Recent Comments plugin can be configured to show comments, trackbacks or both
- Make Spartacus plugin be able to set configured chmod/chown permissions
- Improved Spamblock plugin to allow configuring author/url filters straight from the "Comments" interface
- Category plugin can now use smarty templates and show number of entries
- Fix Track Exits plugin to properly redirect when used in HTML nuggets
- Fixed bug in fetchEntry() function that can lead to wrong author/authorid settings in certain cases
Updating from any Serendipity version is easy: Backup first, then extract the release files over your old installation, make sure the files .htaccess/serendipity_config_local.inc.php are writable, login to Serendipity and be guided through the automatic upgrade process.
If all things go smoothly with the 0.9 betas (which it basically seems right now), you can expect a final release at the end of this month. We need your feedback, please testdrive the new version!
- Captain's blog am : S9Y-Upgrade